It's a great day to praise the Lord....

>> Sunday, September 21, 2008

I’m so jazzed about life right now. Honestly. This is probably the best day I’ve had since I’ve been here. I’m not really sure why, I can’t really even pinpoint the reason. Actually, I have a reason to be cranky today, too: I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn’t fall back asleep. I was awake when my alarm went off at 6:16. I stayed up pretty late last night getting some stuff done too. Bummer. But, for whatever reason, maybe because it’s so close to my birthday, I am actually more chipper today than normal, even with less sleep J Well, today we finally moved into our classroom. It really made a world of difference. There I was, sweating up a storm, while all the rest of the SMs who had been in those rooms all year were probably like, Um, what is wrong with this crazy girl? She complains so much! But really. The classroom is at least twice the size, and I positioned the seats nicely so I can walk down the middle and have plenty of room for discussion and whatnot. I even made a new seating chart. I was pretty proud of myself. I have a few things left to do in the classroom, but it looks pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself.

I got a few new packages today! It made me so so excited. First of all, Kelsey Zuppan sent me a package and I had NO idea! I loved it! She sent me homemade cookies which pretty much would have made me feel better even if I was having a bad day, but since I wasn’t, my day got even better! On top of that, I got 2 packages from my parents and one had a fan in it! I will be sleeping nicely tonight J For real though. I got some great school supplies. I’m so excited to get started on crafts and stuff with my kids. They’ll be excited. All in all, the atmosphere and mood of the kids was a lot better too. They agreed that the classroom was about a thousand times better. Today went by really fast, which I really enjoyed. Life is good. God is good. Today was a great day. Everyone needs an excellent (that’s one of our spelling words this week) day! J Thanks for being so great, I love you guys and miss you! Hope this finds you doing well!

-Carrie

0 comments: