>> Sunday, September 14, 2008


Hello world there's a song that we're singing... come on get happy!
That song is in my head right now :) I'm sitting here in the resort, as always, enjoying the air-conditioning and all-you-can-eat pasta night. I don't know why I haven't come to this more often. It's really yummy! Here's a picture of Jaimie getting ready to eat the amazing pasta!
It really is quite delicious. I have a picture of me eating too, but it's not such a lovely one. Oh, okay so there is a bit to write about. On Friday I got 3 packages from my parents and it was so amazing! Getting packages here is like Christmas day every day! :) I absolutely love it! I got a lot of neccesities, which I might add included mashed potatoes, 2 cans of big franks, and the LAST can of little links. They love me that much. Jaimie and I ate the little links for Sabbath morning breakfast. It was incredible! (See the picture on the right) Jaimie's plate is so obviously the one with tomatoes on it, because I DETEST tomatoes. Yuck! That is homemade bread with the peanut butter and little links that I got in the mail... and Jaimie scrambled us some eggs. And that orange was actually pretty sour which was disappointing. :(
And to your left, you see me enjoying this blessed treat on Sabbath morning, before church. Jaimie and I then got ready for church and I wore my cute new dress my mom got for me at Nordstrom Outlet. I absolutely love it! She also got me this way cute skirt that I'll probably wear tomorrow. It's just so nice. I adore it. Here we are at church, on the right. I'm wearing the new dress that Mom and Dad got me, but I guess you can't really tell. I'm not going to lie, it looks pretty good on me :) Haha. What a dork I am. Anyways. That was Saturday. Saturday night I had the priveledge of chaperoning my first event as an official "chaperone." It was the 8th grade party for one of the girls whose birthday it was. She just turned 14. Her little brother is in my class, and her little sister is in Jaimie's class. They're a cute family. They go to our church. Anyways. They 8th graders decided to have a sleepover so I was by default (because I am their English teacher) chosen to supervise the girls while David watched the boys. We watched The Parent Trap and then First Sunday. IT was pretty fun. However, it ended around 1 or 1:30 AM. And, now I have new respect for those chaperones on all of our trips, because of course I stayed awake a little longer to make sure none of the girls decided it would be fun to sneak out or anything. So I was up pretty late. I slept on a table. It was a little uncomfortable. But heck, it was an experience. The next morning, the church hosted a picnic for us on one of the outer islands, so we had to get up at 6ish. One girl left at 6, so the rest of us were basically awake. The boys came back over, there was a prayer, and I barely had time to run back and shower before we left to go on the picnic. However, when we got to the dock where we were to take off, we of course waited about an hour, because it is Marshallese time after all. It was about a half hour ride over there, and I really wish I had remembered to bring my camera because that beach was the most beautiful beach I've seen since I've been here. The water was that crystal blue you see in the magazines, and the sand was white and soft. I went swimming, but it came with a price. Even though I put SPF 80 sunscreen on twice (Yes, I did say SPF 80! I didn't even know that sunscreen went that high...) I still burnt horribly. I was smart and stayed in the shade the rest of the afternoon though. I know my body's limits. Here's a picture of my sad farmer's burn.... :( Can you see that horrible line? ah, so embarassing. In addition my knees got sunburnt too! That was silly. I didn't put any sunscreen there because I hardly ever get burnt there.Oh well. Oh, another new thing that happened this weekend was that Jaimie and decided to rearrange our room. It was feeling a bit crowded. Here's a before and after for you:

Before:










After :)
I just realized I don't think you've seen my class yet! Jeepers. Let me upload that now. I have 22 as most of you know. They're all so funny and amazing and sometimes a handful, but for the most part they behave. :) Yeah, they're quite the characters. But they're great. Can you spy the white teacher in this picture? Haha. I just realized I do smiley faces quite a lot in these blogs. I guess since I can't talk to most of you in person, I have to portray my emotions this way. That's how I roll.
As I said earlier, my parents sent me a few packages, and one was full of books which made me so so excited! I started one on friday night, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through. I love reading! Ah, the one I'm reading about right now is about a few people that work in the ER. It's very intriguing. Medical stuff intrigues me. A few weeks ago, one of my kids got his nose smashed in during Recess, and he was bleeding everywhere. David took him and got him cleaned up, but there was blood all over the gym... and yes, I got to clean it. I didn'tget sick or anything so thats a good sign. It got me thinking if I could like doing something medical... but that thought is probably only going to last about a week. So anyways.
I think that's about it. This was a super long blog. I really hope this will post. I might cry if it doesn't. Haha as for prayer requests here: Just pray that I can stay strong and keep the faith. It's hard when we all get hit so hard with the devil. You know how he rolls. Pray for us. I'll do the same for all of you. I miss you all! God Bless!
-Carrie

























0 comments: