It's been awhile!

>> Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hello world!

It has been pretty much an eternity since I have updated you on my life, and I’m sorry! Life has been hectic lately, but today is the official last day of the first quarter of school. I made it through a whole quarter as a teacher! I feel very accomplished and rather proud of myself. I’ve been frantically grading the past week or so, but it really has not been too bad. I’ve been grading the assignments from the day after school, and I’ve been caught up pretty fast. I just have quite a bit of 8th grade English to catch up, but grades are not officially due until next Thursday.

In the past few weeks, we have had three birthdays. Steven Baker from Union, Alana from Australia, and Mr. Spiva, from, well, Texas I guess. We had a joint birthday party for them last night and it was pretty entertaining.

The waves were so HUGE today! It was crazy! I almost thought about what would happen if the water got higher than the rocks. It was pretty close. Crazy talk. It’s such a blessing waking up to the waves every morning and falling asleep to the drone of waves and my fan in harmonic unison.

Last night was a full moon. I sat on top of the monkey bars on the playground right outside our apartment. I basked in the moonlight and the serenity of the moment. It was so beautiful. As I dangled my legs like a child, I was once again reminded of the peace I could have when I simply take all other distractions away. That was a nice reminder.

I dined like a queen during my lunch break today. Yes, ma’am, I had mashed potatoes and a fried egg on a piece of toast. That is pretty good since the past few days it’s been instant Easy Mac and PB&J sandwiches. Well, I’m out of milk, bread, and I need to get some apples or something to be healthier. We just got paid on Wednesday so I should be able to stop by Payless sometime this weekend and buy some necessities. The store was out of soymilk, so I was sadly (and not voluntarily) forced to buy real milk. That stuff is nasty. I want my soymilk back! I also bought Smart Balance, which I thought my parents would be rather proud of. It reminds me of home. However, the reign of my cooking legacy ended tonight when I made hard-boiled eggs but did not cook them all the way by accident. Gross. I just wasted an egg. Bummer.

Right now I am fighting the urge to put ‘Singin’ in the Rain’ on. I’m not sure how good my resistance will be. It’s a classic and also one of my favorites.

Jaimie and I have started a countdown. I know it’s horrible to be counting down the days until we leave, but in case you were wondering, it is a mere 240 days until June when we all go home for good. However, it is only 63 days until Christmas break. What a jolly time. We leave each other notes on the white board on our door, usually during our lunch breaks for the other to read, and today she left me one with that countdown on it.

Here are some pictures of my kids and I. We had a birthday party and took pictures on self-timer. :)







See the nice evolution of nice pictures to eventually falling on the floor...?
Next I have some pictures of the first time I ever wore my sweatshirt on this island. The other day it was crazy rainy and windy!

Welcome rainy season!!


Well, that about sums it up. I am not really needing anything at the moment, except for I can always use food ;)

I hope you all are doing well. I'll keep you in my prayers! I'd appreciate it if you did the same :) :)

God Bless!

-Carrie


0 comments: