"To Err is Human"

>> Thursday, October 23, 2008

Well I guess everyone has their bummer weeks at some point. This week was mine.

Remind me never to procrastinate on grades again. Grades were due yesterday (Thursday) at 5pm. I was hoping to be able to get some things on the report cards done during class and the school day, but I was unable to begin until around 3:20. I was stressed beyong belief. I also found out that half of my kids were failing math (someone else teaches their math class) so I was running around trying to figure out if he really wanted me to fail my kids (i don't think any of them deserve to fail, they try really hard!) anyways. I was super frustrated. And kinda angry. Anyways. I guess it just got super overwhelming and I just wanted to crawl into bed at like 5:15. I finally turned in grades at around 4:40. I seriously could have fallen over with emotional exhaustion right then. I went to the computer lab, and short after I broke. I was just on the rocks by the water and just crying. I miss home, I miss being able to go places, I miss not having so much responsiblity. I know God has me here for a reason, but sometimes it is so hard to see what that is.

I also learned one new thing today: Bad news a thousand miles from home is a lot harder to take. I just found out our family's favorite cat, Zipper died. Now you might be thinking, "So? It's a cat." This was not any ordinary cat, my friend. Zipper was a part of the family. Sometimes I swear he completely understood everything we would say to him. He was our lap cat, our human. I miss him already. Haha. What a sap I am.

Bad weeks also make me extremely irritable, apparently. It is Mexican food night here at the resort, so to set the mood they are playing fiesta music. Evidently spanish music is not easy to find here, because they have a CD that has about 4 songs on it, and they keep repeating the stinkin CD. I'm about ready to go rip the stupid sound system out of its socket....

Now you're probably thinking, "wait, this girl is a student missionary?" Sigh. Yes. And I'll be the first to admit that I get irritable easily. I get sad easily. I get stressed easily. But what can I say? I'm human. A very wise person once said, "To err is human." Well, there you have it, I'm human. Suprise, surprise. And now I am going to go mourn the death of my deceased kitty. ;) Hope all of you are doing well! I'll be praying for you and would appreciate the same!

2 comments:

J October 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

awww cares!!! first of all, i of course wish I could see u. Second, I understand how you feel, with the whole being overwhelmed thing. But hang in there, God DOES have you there for a reason. And you may not see it till we reach the kingdom, but what better place to found out you changed a life?

If i found out my cat died, I would be so depressed!!! i love my kitty, and i understand how you feel. mourn my friend... I love ya and miss u, keep us updated! :)

hollie m. October 27, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

I love you! :D
Isn't it great to have friends? And internet? I completely know how you feel and if I heard that Moses died, I would be crushed too. And Janelle's comment is so so so true! I just want to echo her!!!