A poem.

>> Thursday, March 5, 2009

These voices keep telling me things I know aren't true
These voices keep pulling me farther away from you
These voices seem to hurt me deep to my core
These voices remind me of who I was before
These voices tell me I'm not good enough as me
These voices just won't seem to let me be
I am helpless as I try to prevent this attack
But each and every time these voices draw me back

I lived my life in misery as I gave these voices control
But I have a God who looks past my pain deep within my soul
Whose eyes see the person I am, and not who I used to be
Who gives strength to the weary, and helps the blind to see
My ears needed to be opened to the truth that lies within
I don’t need to live my life engulfed in my past sin
That truth has lifted me up and completely set me free
I am free to be God’s creation; I am free to be me

I wrote this a few months ago. Sometimes it's easy to listen to 'these voices', but I have chosen to rise above and listen to HIS voice. I "am beautifully and wonderfully made." That's pretty rockin'.

1 comments:

A Khudori Soleh March 15, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

salam. nice blog. please visit to my site