Just another update:

>> Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hi again,


The resort here makes things a lot easier to be able to update more often. It's only about a 15 minute walk from the campus, it's air conditioned, and you can order like a $2 bottomless iced tea and enjoy the internet for hours. I'm only staying for a short while tonight, just to get a little bit done. Tonight, since the internet is being really fast, I might even be able to get some pictures up :) Well, today I got ANOTHER student. So, if you're paying attention, that makes TWENTY TWO. Yikes. It's been intense. Today I had to lay down the law: some of my kids had to sit out during recess. Miss Carrie is so mean... ;) Things continue to get better... I've been trying to take a quick swim in the ocean almost every day... it's very refreshing. Yesterday I even was able to tread water for awhile, so I got some exercise out of it too! ;) Ah, yesterday I made quite possibly the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had! It was made with some of the fresh bread I made, and Tillamook sharp cheddar.... Mmmmm. I had been in my classroom for almost 3 hours after school grading, took a swim, and had grilled cheese. Best sandwich ever. Did I mention I was teaching 8th grade English? It's a lot of fun. That class only has 14 students, so once a day I get to take a break from my 22. And, it's nice to be able to teach some more advanced English, since it's pretty much my favorite thing ever. This week has already been exhausting. It's only Tuesday! Hey, if any of you have SKYPE, be sure to add me so we can talk! My screen name is CarrieCloke. Real original, right? So add me, and we might be able to chat it up! Also, I have MSN messenger which works pretty well too. It's itscarrie@hotmail.com. So yeah, I guess that's all for now. I'll let you know if anything more exciting happens. Feel free to email me and let me know how things are going with you! It makes my day to get an email! It just feels nice to feel loved! :) Haha cheesy. Well, I'm out! Love you all! God Bless! 

-Carrie


0 comments: