April Updates

>> Saturday, April 18, 2009

I am sorry it's been awhile since I've updated you on life here in Majuro. Let's just say that if I were to say things have been hectic lately, it would be a drastic understatement. Spring Break has come and gone, and we now have 33 days or so until the last day of school. I am going to be here in Majuro until June 3, I fly into Hawaii and stay there until June 5, and then I am coming home! I cannot believe it has flown by this fast.... I am trying to soak up the last few days I have with my precious children. They make me smile. I am in love with the ocean. On our side, we have no sand, but I have been making trips to the other side of the island, Laura, and have had my share of sand. I am reading a book, and am still shaking the sand from between its pages. I also have had a good number of sunburns to prove my time in the sun. In fact, my neck and legs got a bit fried yesterday while we were in Laura. Grace, Elizabeth (my two apartment-mates), Evan, Travis, Scott, Matt, and I went to Laura to get away for a "mini-vacation" for the day. It was beautiful. I always love going out there. Matt teaches out there, and I can't say that I envy him too much. He gets the mosquitoes and lack of wind or breeze. I'll take my non-sandy, breezy ocean over his. It is nice to visit out there though. It's almost and hour drive to get from here to there, with 25 being the speed-limit on the one road that travels from Delap to Laura. Last night, we had a big storm. We haven't had one for a long time. The girls upstairs accidentally left their windows open, which overflowed and started leaking through the ceiling into our apartment around 11:30 or 12. The wind was so loud, and water was everywhere. We had to move our beds because it was dripping so much. After that, I couldn't sleep, so I sat in our kitchen for a few hours, willing the storm to stop so I could sleep again. Eventually, it stopped, and I got to sleep, but my body is getting in the habit of waking up early, around 6 or 6:15... so I was awake by then, got up, and went outside to enjoy the sunrise... 


This last week has been pretty hard, for reasons I won't really disclose in a blog, but I would be grateful for some prayers. :) I am just trying to soak these last few weeks in. Soak up the sun, soak in the love for the kids, and soak up the fun times with the other SMs. I am tired. Maybe I'll take a nap today. I hope that you are all enjoying your Sabbath :)

1 comments:

Lizi April 18, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

i am excited for you to be done and for us to talk in person! you are doing amazing there and i am proud of you! love you and you are in my prayers